- Our Senators and Congressional Representatives were paid a small daily stipend to cover their personal expenses while Congress was in session.
- 97%of our Senators were in their first or second term, with an overall Senate average of 3.5 years in office.
- 64.7%of our Representatives were in their first or second term, with an overall House average of 3.24 years in office.
- We pay our "rank & file" Senators and Congressional Representatives an annual salary of $174,000, plus an impressive benefits and retirement package.
- 46% of our Senators are in their third term or beyond, with a group average of 21.74 years in office.
- 55.6% of our Representatives are in their third term or beyond, with a group average of 14.9 years in office.
Would You Apply for This Job? (Click Here)
It has been said, “Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.” Regardless of their political affiliation, the longer an elected public representative or official is allowed to remain in a position of power, their corresponding power will grow stronger and more corrupt.
The Shouting Majority is a grass-roots, hometown movement formed to regain citizen control of our government and to maintain our constitutionally-guaranteed individual freedoms by exercising our rights as registered voters. We are not affiliated with any political party, and we will not endorse any political candidate.
We won’t ask you for any money. Please don’t send any. We’re not a business, and we’re not doing this for any financial gain. If you agree with our message, all we ask is that you take appropriate action in your hometown, and that you forward this e-mail to your friends and family across the Nation.
Our Government was originally designed by the people and for the people, with the intent to limit the power of government through democratic processes and a system of checks and balances. Somewhere along the way, many of the representatives and officials that are supposed to be working for us have learned to use the power of their position to control us in accomplishing their own political agendas.
We, the American Voters, have allowed career politicians to manipulate our government to gain and maintain increasing power over our daily lives and our constitutionally guaranteed freedoms. Our government’s abuse of power is quickly snowballing out of control.
Career politicians clearly demonstrated their abuse of power recentlywith the approval of the 2010 Health Care Reform Bill, giving our government control over our individual health care options. Despite every national opinion poll reporting a majority of public disapproval, (http://www.pollingreport.com/health.htm) highly publicized “deals” were made in Washington at our expense to gain the congressional votes required for this bill to become law. Several states have since challenged the constitutional legality of this legislation.
Please click here for additional examples of our government’s bi-partisan abuse of power.
Common-Sense Term Limitations and Election Law Reform are Needed
Our Nation’s President and Vice President are limited to two (2) consecutive terms in office. In contrast:
- US Senators have no term limits.
- 46% of our Senators are in their third term or beyond, with agroup average of 21.74 years in office. *
- 24% of our Senators have been in office 20 years or more, with agroup average of 27.58 years. *
- US Congressional Representatives have no term limits.
- 55.6% of our Representatives are in their third term or beyond, with agroup average of 14.9 years in office.*
- 15.3% of our Representatives have been in office 20 years or more, with agroup average of 29.38 years. *
Theatrical elections continually pass the official leadership back and forth between the 2 dominating political parties. Under our watch, this exclusive “American Power Club” has gained incredible strength and tyrannical control over our nation and our daily lives.
The American Power Club has become masterful at manipulating the American people by effectively polarizing our nation to maintain their power. Although our nation is faced with unprecedented challenges, theatrical pride and arrogance from both major parties have have effectively divided our nation. As long as the American people are focused on these divisive issues, we are not scrutinizing their activity or holding them accountable for their actions. In short, our nation’s misguided, divisive political focus and our “winner-take-all” election laws are giving the American Power Club free reign to rule over our lives.
Please visit http://patriactivism.blogspot.com/2011/08/world-used-to-be-flat.html for more information.
Political parties aside, our current system favors career politicians, and it often forces us to choose between the lesser of two evils at the polls.
United We Stand!
We, the American Voters, serve as the maintenance crew for our government at all levels. We fix it by voting and by making our collective shout for action heard through grass-roots, hometown petitions.
If you are a Registered American Voter, your signature on The Shouting Majority's petition will hopefully join 67 million (that’s right – million) additional responsible Americans who support common-sense Congressional term limitations and Election Law Reform.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SIGN OUR PETITION FOR COMMON-SENSE CONGRESSIONAL TERM LIMITATIONS AND ELECTION REFORM
This number of signatures will represent a verifiable, overwhelming majority of “shouting” Americans who are fed up with our government’s abuse of power, and who wish to regain the control we have unintentionally relinquished to career politicians. Our current goal (September 2011) is to deliver the completed petition to Washington on or before April 15th, 2013 (Tax Day).
Your Action is Needed Today in Your Hometown
Please feel free to print & reproduce as many copies as you wish of this message, and share it with your friends & neighbors.
For group presentations, slides and videos of this message are also available.
To Help Regain Citizen Control of Our Government,
PLEASE FORWARD THIS WEB-PAGE TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ACROSS THE NATION